Wednesday, September 10, 2008

THE SCARE

Natalie's post yesterday reminded me of this so figured I would keep the scare theme going.

Roll mental camera...

I was sound asleep in my outstandingly comfortable memory foam bed when our security alarm decided to test the system. Which results in every alarm in our house going off all at once.

Do you remember in Ghostbusters when Sigourney Weaver AKA "The Gatekeeper" levitates 4 feet above her covers? Yea that was me but throw in an invisible catapult. I went from a dead sleep to nearly setting a record for long jump and the 100 yard dash all at once. I looked like Shaggy and Scooby Doo up in the air legs just churning.

In what felt like a blink of and eye I had sprinted through our entire house, in nothing but my undies, to make sure we weren't on fire or being invaded. I had such an adrenaline rush I couldn't go back to sleep for hours. Talk about a wake up call.

Three of our life group families have had that wake up call in the last week and have made the decision to start new groups. They want to bring the feeling we have for each other to a whole new group of people who may not have the chance otherwise. While it is hard for us to see them go we understand why they are. They will still be part of our family even if we don't get to see them every week.

I guess my put up or shut up post actually worked :-)

When was your last wake up call?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! So hard for people to leave a group they love and venture into a new one. Show great leadership, Roger!

Anonymous said...

Yesterday.

Our life group is branching out, too. It's a good thing.

Stonefox said...

Roger, this is hilarious, especially since last night my husband did THE SAME EXACT THING! The blubbering and reaching for the bedside bat is priceless. Fortunately for you and us alike, there was no invasion. But it sure got the adrenaline going!

Theresa said...

I'm so distracted by the visual I forgot the question. LOL

POOR SHELLY!!