Tuesday, September 2, 2008

THE CLEANER

The wild hair grew crazy and unruly this weekend. I could not control it any longer.

Roll mental camera...

I usually try to avoid tackling large projects on holiday weekends, or any other week end for that matter. But our garage had become the catch all and was in desperate need of a clean out. The wild hair had been growing for some time but there was no controlling it this weekend.

Pulling nearly everything out of the garage, I actually used the leaf blower to clean out all the funk and then used the hose and broom to finish the job.

I pulled Shelly (under protest) into my project to help me reorganize because I have a tendancy to just throw everything away and I knew that would land me in hot water. Three hours and a bucket of sweat later the garage looked stellar. I can honestly say it looked better than the day we moved in. Of course the day we moved in the garage was stuffed full of all kinds of crud.

Don't you love when a wild hair takes over and you just have to clean/fix/build something? It is always inspiring to me when I see the final result. I just wish I could harness that wild hair because lazy comes back way to easy.

When was the last time the wild hair bug bit you?

What did you destroy or create?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hubby had that same wild hair a week ago. Our garage has never looked more beautiful. He tried to pull that "help me out" routine with me, but I overcame. I'm such a team player like that.

Anonymous said...

it began with a can of paint and culminated this weekend with new drapes and lamps! A new Master Suite!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I guess this is where the Canadian/American thang comes in. What is wild hair??

Roger Garrett said...

A wild hair is when you get the urge to do something you wouldn't normally due, is out of the ordinary or spur of the moment. I guess it is actually supposed to be hare like in rabbit. The original saying is I got a wild hare up my butt. But us okies don't call em hares we call em rabbits so it evolved to hair.
Is that clear as mud for you?

Kim Heinecke said...

I got a wild hair to give my blog a makeover and after a bottle of Tylenol and an absurd amount of time, I realized I STILL ain't happy. Women.

Anonymous said...

I run from the wild hair. probably clock my best times in those moments. :)