Tuesday, September 9, 2008

THE SHACK

Our life group is going to read and discuss the book "The Shack". Shelly has already read it so now it is my turn. I have talked to many people who have read it and almost all of them have said the same thing, "you will laugh and then cry and then laugh and then cry."

I am not sure I am ready for a read like that. So I thought I would get your opinion on it if you have read it.

What did you think and is the quote above accurate?

Will it make a man cry too?


Now remember I haven't it so don't be a spoiler.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Sorry I haven't read it yet either. I have been staying away from blogs about it to so it won't be spoiled for me. I know Kim has read it. I think Robin may have too.

noyb said...

So far I have maybe tired up, but not a full fledged cry. I'm in chapter 13.

Anonymous said...

No, I haven't read it yet, but my daughter, Erin has. I've heard mixed reviews.

Anonymous said...

I am half way thru it is Amazing! I've shed some tears. I have re-read parts because I really wanted to take it in. This book really does make you think and have a great understanding I would love to see Lifechurch to do a series on this! I wonder what Craig's take is on this book.

Unknown said...

Finished reading it, Christy cried, I never did, so I think you will be okay:) It is by far a great book that you just can't put down and worth re-reading!!

Kim Heinecke said...

I won't be a spoiler but I do think there are some red flags in this book. I've stumbled on a couple of commentaries that were interesting. Dennis Newkirk at Henderson Hills had something posted on their site - links that were good.

Enjoy!