Tuesday, June 3, 2008

THE BIG DIPPER

Stomach up in your throat, legs a bit wobbly, heart pounding out of your chest, why we love roller coasters I will never know.

Roll mental camera…

If you grew up around Oklahoma and are in your mid 30s or older you probably remember Springlake Amusement Park and the ultimate of rides for that time THE BIG DIPPER.

I remember gripping my dad’s hand as we climbed into the seats for the first time. Looking at him and asking him if we were going to be OK. I was scared to death but dad was there to comfort me.

Same thing was true on Sunday with my son, but this time the ride was to a whole new level. The old wood ride wouldn’t have even gotten my son’s blood flowing let alone got him scared. No, we had to ride on THE ERUPTION. This beast of a ride is nothing more than huge wires and poles that launches the big metal cage you are strapped into about 300 feet in the air a couple of time.

The ride was different but the look and the questions were the same. I was just glad I was there to calm him down and be his strength. I think I need that to help remind me who my strength is in now.

Do you know where your strength is?

Did you have a favorite ride that scared you as a kid?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved the Silver Bullet!!! I don't think I realized where my strength was so much as I have with OnePrayer. Just thinking about what it means to the Christian Church as a whole, it gives me chills everytime! I can actually feel the strength of God behind it and I feel him working in me too! He has been my strength for sure since having a newborn...him, good friends, and the power of good friends prayers! Thanks for them all Rog:)