Wednesday, June 4, 2008

MMMMM TASTY

Don’t you hate it when what you thought was a cute little fluffy sheep turns out the be the wolf.

Roll metal camera…

Before our group met Monday night at Freedom Farm the guys walk us around the farm. A few weeks ago they had gotten rid of their dogs because they were afraid they would eat the chickens they had just acquired. So I was surprised to see a new puppy in with the chickens.

The puppy was living in the fence where the chicken and now 2 young turkeys were kept. They said they wanted the puppy to grow up around the birds so it wouldn’t eat them when it got older.

We went inside and came back out an hour or so later to find only one turkey. There was still a wing and some feathers left of the other one but not a whole turkey. The rest of that turkey was now causing the new puppy’s belly to bloat. Man that puppy sure looked happy and pleasantly full. May have been his last meal at the farm so I hope he enjoyed it.

I have had lots of cute little "puppies" in my life that have turned wolf on me the minute I turned my back. Finances have been that wolf for Shelly and I lately. We have been budgeting ourselves so tightly so we can give to the church and to many other causes we feel strongly about. But the budget has been so tight it has kept Shelly and I from spending anything on us. So we need a date, or a weekend, to spend some time together and just be husband and wife. Sometimes the budget will just have to make room for some spiritual, husband to wife, healing.

What is your wolf in sheep’s clothing?

Give us some ideas of a cheap but enjoyable get away that is drivable from OKC?

Hey Natalie since you are down one dog do you want to adopt the cute puppy from the farm?

6 comments:

Kim Heinecke said...

That's kind of a sad story!

Sometimes the job can be puppy-turned-wolf...

Unknown said...

I think I may have once been the puppy turned wolf or maybe I was just a rabid dog there for a minute, I guess I got a shot of the spirit that cured my rabies though :) I think Christy and I are in the same boat...finances is our wolf...that and gasoline!!!!

Cheap dates, look in to the new river cruises down in bricktown, or take her down to the Paseo district, Christy and I just went down there last weekend, nice and quiet, good time for some catching up!!!

Heidi said...

wow what a story..

kinda sad, but different!!
I wasn't expecting that one.

No puppies here, K!!?!! :)

Natalie Witcher said...

Uhh, no on the puppy! I just go rid of Buddy!

We love going to bricktown and just walking around. There's always the drive in in Guthrie?

deleise said...

Are you talking about an overnight getaway? How about a bed and breakfast?

Theresa said...

I wish I could bring you my fun little car. It is great for get aways.