Tuesday, June 24, 2008

DOG KIND OF LOVE

Yea the title is odd but bear with me.

Roll mental camera...

Just sitting here petting one of my dogs named Bruno. He is 1 of 3 basset beagle mixes that are part of our family, and the only boy. I was thinking what his view of us could be.

We have done so many things to him that he doesn't enjoy. We have bathed him, put a collar on him, stuffed pills down his throat, put ointment in his ears, taken him to the vet for all kinds of shots and last but not least cut off his "tenders" as Cade would call them.

But Bruno still loves us unconditionally and will show you by tongue bathing your face if you get too close.

Strange, because if someone cut off my "tenders" I am not sure we would be on speaking terms. Most people have never wronged me but I still find it hard to give unconditional love. God gives it to us so I need to learn to give it back.

I THINK MY ONE PRAYER WOULD BE "MAKE ME UNCONDITIONAL"

Are you good at giving unconditional love?

Who, besides God, unconditionally loves you?

How does your favorite pet show affection?

See you in 24 after my blog fast has ended

5 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

Growing in this area. I had some real personal revelations about LOVE this year! It's good.

Unknown said...

Not sure if anyone other than God has unconditional love...I, like others may say or try to show unconditional love, but in the end, its truly not unconditional....unconditional love is not angry, jealous, envious,etc. and unfortunately, I think we are all guilty of biting off the heads of those we love most at some point or another, but it is the act of trying to show unconditional love to those that is an example of us being Christ followers....My pets show affection by cuddling and playing...but you cut off me tenders and you ain't gonna have any either by the time I'm done if ya catch my drift:)

deleise said...

I think the more I realize how much God loves me, the easier it is to love others. But no one loves you like God and pets.

Theresa said...

My cat climbs on my chest and purrs.

I agree with Deleise...God and Pets no one loves you like them.

Anonymous said...

I am learning about unconditional love but I pray everyday that I'll learn to love as He loves. Honestly, sometimes I have to convince myself that He loves me no matter what. Now, about unconditional love - my dog Buddy (original name, right?) - he knows about love. He follows me around everywhere - EVERYWHERE.