Tuesday, August 26, 2008

THE DRIVE HOME


The road less traveled? Nope this one is about the road often traveled

Roll mental camera...

I was driving home last night as I always do. Next thing I know I am pulling into my housing addition.

My heart starting beating fast and I was a little panicked because I had no idea how I had gotten there. I must have spaced out the entire drive home. I seriously do not remember stopping for a red light, making a turn or following the speed limit.

For all I know I was abducted by aliens, probed in who knows what kinds of ways and returned to earth right outside of my addition.

Do you ever feel that way about your life. I can't remember many of the things that got me to where I am today. I am just glad they happened and I am where I am. So if aliens were involved then I guess I need to thank them.

Do you remember how you got to where you are or is it a blur?

Where are you?

Do you ever space out on the drive home and not remember it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh YEAH! For sure, I completely understand what you went through. It used to happen to me ALL the time. I was actually worried that one day I'd end up in another province. I'm in the habit of praying in the Spirit in my car instead of listening to music and just this morning, in fact, I pulled into the parking lot at work and wondered, how on earth did I get here! Just hoping the DMV doesn't read your blog.

Unknown said...

I space out more often than not anymore when I am driving, not sure why or how, but i do...and then I am there!!! Kinda nice when it happens on those longer road trips though:)

I am at my desk right now, about to go space out on my drive home:)

Robin Meadows said...

Oh, I remember....all of it! LOL

I'm thinkin' you've got a lot on your mind, Roger.