Monday, August 11, 2008

OPEN MOUTH INSERT FOOT

I so love the Olympics. Last night reinforced why.

Roll mental camera...

The French talked some serious smack about crushing the American team in the freestyle relay. So I was waiting to see how the trash talking effected the race.

I really hope everyone got to see the race. But if not let me explain, no there is too much, let me sum up. (had to toss in some Princess Bride)

The French guy who shot off at the mouth was the anchor leg and was well out in front of our American dude Jason Lezak. At the turn it was all but over. But in the last 25 meters Jason kicks it into another gear and catches the big mouthed Frenchy. He beat him to the wall by a fingernail while swimming the fastest leg in history.

Now I call that forcible foot in mouth. But to really put it into perspective on how awesome the race was ALL OF THE TOP FIVE FINISHING TEAMS SWAM UNDER THE PREVIOUS WORLD RECORD. Now that is impressive.

Only one thing to learn about this story. Don't talk smack to Americans because it does nothing but get us motivated to whip your butt. Well OK I guess we could also learn to hold our tongue because it will come back to bite you. But I still really enjoyed watching the USA whip some tail.

Do you get pumped up for the olympics?

Are you like me and could care less what sport is on as long as an American is playing?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) I tend to only care to watch American teams.

2) Had you not referenced Princess Bride, I still so would have gotten it.

3) If you like Monty Python, too, then that's just scary. A wink's as good as a nod.

Theresa said...

Not a huge Olympic Fan. Do love to see the USA get tons of medals. And anytime we beat the French it is Great!! Why did we ever give them their country back? Just Kidding!

Unknown said...

My TV is ONLY tuned in to the Olympics while they are on, it only happens once every four years, so yeah, I support our country every chance I get when I am watching TV...That and the fact that the Olympics seems to be the only place that you can see people from every nation and tongue striving to be the absolute best they can be for themselves and their country is always impressing to me...Kinda like when the Georgian silver medalist and the Russian gold medalist hugged after the medal ceremony...only place in the world you can be at war with each other and still respect each other!!!!

Anonymous said...

I get so caught up in the games that it is tough to sleep at night especially when talking about "the race". What I liked about them beating the WR is that they did it by beating it by 4 seconds! Geez..... Got to love me some USA

Anonymous said...

"Now I call that forcible foot in mouth." Now that rolled a mental camera image. (grin)

Robin Meadows said...

Loved watching the guys win!! So exciting! We watch a lot of Olympics when it's on. We only get the basic channels (no cable) so we're limited on what we can see.