Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'M OUTTA HERE

My son Connor has his last day as a third grader today. He is about to jump out of his skin with excitement.

Roll mental camera…

Not that I would want to be young again, but I can still remember the giddiness that came with the last day of school. Of course you always had the one bookworm in your class that was bummed, but everyone else was ecstatic.

That last day when in just a few short hours all of the rules and regulations are off your shoulders. You are free as a bird. No homework, no getting up early, heck you might even avoid a bath once in a while.

Have you ever noticed that people seem to take the summer off when it comes to their faith as well? Not as many people at church. All those morals they stacked up during the year are smashed in one good weekend at the lake. Man all that time to serve others sure does melt away when the sun is burning hot and the days are longer.

I think it should be the exact opposite. Since the schedules aren’t quite as hectic, why not spend more time where God wants you. I know it will take away from your sun bathing, but God won’t mind if you’re pale.

Do you have a time of year when schedules collide and God loses out?

When did you make the commitment to stay with it and not bale out during summer?

Who has a boat I can borrow while you’re at church? (hey we go on Saturday LOL)

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Racing season! I am going to have to start going to church on Saturday Nights. I totally love fast cars. Not as much as I love God but I can watch so many wonderful church services online now that all I end up missing is the fellowship. But that I have been missing alot!

deleise said...

That is so true. Another time I occasionally do that is around Christmas when everything is getting crazy busy. How sick is that?