Thursday, May 1, 2008

LINE JUMPERS

So you pay $67.50 and wait in line for two hours and then you get to go fast and scream for 45 seconds. Amusements parks have it all figured out don’t they. If you need an adrenaline rush that bad you can just pay me $20 and I will hide under your bed with a chain saw. I promise no waiting in line and the screaming will last more than 45 seconds.

Roll mental camera…

My wife and I were at Universal Studios waiting for a roller coaster. We started so far back in line that the sign that told you how long the wait was from this point was a magic eight ball. About half of the serpentine line was covered and the other half was not. After an hour were still in the part that was not covered.

If you have spent any time in Orlando, you know that it can rain at any point, and it did. The skies opened up and rained like I have never seen before. Everyone that was not under cover crammed their way into the covered part, us included. Above all the commotion we heard this…

“LINE JUMPERS, LINE JUMPERS”

A woman who used to be in front of us in line was not happy. She made sure she informed everyone in the park that people cut in line. Even when it stopped raining and almost everyone went back to their original place in line, she still was screaming about the line jumpers.

I actually enjoy letting people cut in front of me, especially if I am in my car. But I see people every day that have to save that 4 seconds of time they might waste by letting someone in. Take a chance and let them cut next time, maybe they will waive and thank you and you will feel good about yourself. Or maybe they won’t waive and solidify why you never let them cut in the first place (ha ha).

Do you scream “line jumper” and refuse to let someone in front of you?

Or do you enjoy the feeling of letting someone “line jump”?

Did you ever cut in line for the coasters?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

line jumpers...don't know that I've ever heard that before...we always called them "cutters" thinking about that it implies somethign completely differnet, anywho that's what we said...and there are times when I enjoy letting people go ahead of me and most of the tiem, when I'm lost in thought that I completely tune out the rest of the world, so I don't even try to be courteous...I'll have to be more intentional!

Robin Meadows said...

I enjoy letting people in front of me, but I don't like line jumpers. I love 'em, but I don't like them ; ).

Kim Heinecke said...

I despise a roller coaster so anyone who wants to cut in front of me when I've been guilted into riding w/ my kids is welcome...the more line jumpers at a theme park, the better.

Driving? I will let ONE person in front of me and remind myself this is an exercise in patience. But just one.

deleise said...

I like letting people go ahead of me, but if they do it on their own, that ticks me off. Control issues, anyone?

Unknown said...

Are you still considered a "line jumper" if while all of the other people are zigzagging through the maze of ropes for the line you just duck under them all and are already on the ride by the time they get to it??? Does that count??? I enjoy letting people cut, but I speed up and cut them off if they don't give the goo 'ol wave to me:)

Natalie Witcher said...

I let them in. No biggy. I'm no cutter. There was a time when 6 flags was so empty we rode one coaster over and over and over with no lines! It was a kids dream

Anonymous said...

At last I can admit to something good that I do. I'm a letter-inner. I have no quota. I know God will get me where I need to be on time so hey ... come on in.

Anonymous said...

I totally let people get in front of me when I'm driving. I could care less about that. However, I'm not a fan of line jumpers and I don't do it myself. Too much of a rule follower, I suppose.