Tuesday, May 6, 2008

MOM'S LAW

My mother loved it when I wandered off. Usually it was at some massively huge public place. Nothing like getting mom's blood pressure up, it is like exercise only easier.

Roll mental camera...

My mom had a long standing rule that I was never to leave her side while at massively huge public places. yes that does include the mall where this story happens.

I always knew I could get mom's blood boiling by sneaking away at one of the clothing stores and hiding in the big round clothing racks. There was just something about the middle of those things. You felt like you had transported yourself into a whole other universe.

I would hide in one on every trip and when mom found me she would snatch me up by my ear and scream at me through clenched teeth so nobody else could hear. The last time I ever did that was the time she did not snatch me up by my ear. I just sat and sat and sat. What started out as funny became my worst nightmare when I climbed out of the rack and mom was nowhere to be found. She had decided to teach me a lesson and was hiding from me.

I knew the rules and I continued to break them and so mom taught me a lesson. That is still true today. I know my rules and when I screw up I usually pay the price in one way or the other. Staying close to God sure seems to keep me out of trouble.

Did your mom turn the tables on you and give you a scare?

Do you need someone to walk away from you in order to teach you a lesson?

Have any good hiding or getting lost stories?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think my Mom's blood pressure was high enough w/out her turning the tables on me; I'm sure she did, just nothing that compared to what I did:)

I used to hide in those things too, apparently that is normal, and I thought I was the only one in that "world"!!!We used to have an old burned out fireplace and water pump out in the woods...that was my favorite place.

Not so sure about others needing to walk away from me to teach me a lesson, but I am sure there are a few I should walk away from to teach a lesson...Then again, I guess you don't always realize that you need to be taught a lesson, so maybe I do???

Robin Meadows said...

No good stories that I can think of....but THIS one was sure a good one!

Heidi said...

love this story...

What's worst. We think it's funny until one of children does it too us!!!

Natalie Witcher said...

I don't like it when people hide from me. makes me feel insecure...maybe I should pray about that.

deleise said...

I can't think of a good story, but one thing I can think is I am learning that I AM SO GLAD I WAS NOT YOUR MOM. No offense, of course.