Monday, March 10, 2008

ANIMAL MAGNETISM


Have you ever noticed how animals can just tell the true heart and soul of a person? We chose a land excursion on our cruise to swim with dolphins. There were 6 other people that joined us that day but this story revolves around just one. Lets call her Madzilla. (she is the second from the left in the picture, click on the pic for a better look, if you dare)

Roll mental camera…

We had to walk about 8 blocks from the pier to meet the bus to the dolphin park. Madzilla was not happy from the start. Even though the information on the excursion boldly stated there would be extensive walking, two blocks in Madzilla ripped into our tour guide about making her walk. Since there were no cars allowed in the town we were in the tour guide offered to have her bike taxied to the bus. Madzilla refused saying it was singling her out for her weight, heart condition, high blood pressure and a dozen other things.

She complained that the bus was too hot, that her favorite drink wasn’t available and that she was missing American Idol. OK so I made that last one up, but had to toss something in for my blog roll peeps that love the show. Fast forward to the water…

The dolphin handler told us the dolphin (Bylee) would swim around us and we could all rub her back. She said dolphins could sense a person that could be trusted and might roll over for a belly rub. Bylee swam by us and immediately rolled over and we rubbed her belly. We had animal magnetism. She let everyone pet her multiple times, EXCEPT MADZILLA. Bylee wouldn’t get within 5 feet of her. The handler tried every trick including luring her with fish. Bylee that is, not Madzilla. Nothing worked, Bylee wanted nothing to do with her.

Sorry the story was so long but I wanted you to get the full picture. Bylee didn’t hear the things Madzilla was saying before she got in the water but still knew she didn’t want any part of it. If Madzilla wouldn’t have been so vocal we probably wouldn’t have picked up on it. We probably all have a Madzilla in our lives that is subtly poisoning us with their hate and negativity. We don’t always recognize the Madzillas so we need to be more like Bylee and see through that outer shell and see the real heart and soul of the person. If they are bad for us then pray for them and just swim away.

Do you have a Madzilla in your life you need to swim away from?

Do you have some tips on how to see through the outer shell to the heart of someone?

Would you miss American Idol to swim with dolphins?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Ok so I didn't connect the dots until now, I know I recognized the name, but didn't figure it out until now...so It was cool to meet you and your wife this weekend. You two make a fabulous team! GREAT job... and yes I would totally miss American Idol for dolphins, and I love having an ability to see past the front sometimes, but othertimes it gets me into trouble, just relying on good intentions and good hearts

Unknown said...

Miss American Idol?? MMMM, most assuredly!!! I really can't think of any Madzillas in my life I need to swim away from.Maybe it is just me, but I think we all have that "animal instinct" in us, some more in tune with it than others. I have always been a good judge of a person and character, it is just something I have been gifted to do, I sense it in their presence, eyes, body language, speech. I think the key may be to realize the world is not as good as it used to be and that you cannot trust EVERYONE anymore, you have to earn trust, by someone earning your trust you can healthily understand their true motives instead of taking a pretty face and pretty talk at face value. Unfortunately, you just can't do that anymore without being bitten.

Anonymous said...

Don't have any Madzillas in my current circle but some in farther circles out. I just don't put up with it and usually confront them :)

Miss American Idol for dolphins? Hold your tongue, Roger.

Theresa said...

I would miss American Idol to swim with dolphins in a heartbeat. I do love American Idol though so I would have to DVR it.

Unfortunately for me my mother is my Madzilla. Nothing is ever good enough no matter where she is. She always looks the hardest to find the littlest fault in everything and then dwells on it.

My kids call her Grandma Loon. I know it is bad.

Theresa said...

PS) Everywhere I go today in the blogging world you are just one step ahead of me. We have great blog rolls huh! :)

Heidi said...

I have SEVERAL Madzilla's in my life. Did you ever conquer yours?? You'll have to give me some advice. Those dolphins are brilliant aren't they!!!

Miss American Idol? Oh yes!! especially this season!!!

Roger Garrett said...

Thanks for all the comments. My Madzillas have always outed themselves but I have a hard time swimming away. I keep kicking that dead horse to see if I can change them

Robin Meadows said...

Only one thing I know that can change Madzillas....keep on loving them. It's hard..and I identify with Theresa a bit here. I know you guys showed this woman love even though it was hard. Good post, Roger!