Friday, March 21, 2008

FRIDAY UNSCRIPTED

We interrupt the regularly scheduled vavrinaisms…

I want to give a huge shout out to Kyle over at A Tentmaker’s Journey for his help last week. A friend of mine in Tulsa was looking for a new church for her and her husband. I invited her to try the LifeChurch.tv campus in Tulsa. Since I do not live there I thought I would give Kyle a shout at his blog and see if he would hook them up. Kyle called my friend and set it all up and had her feeling right at home before she even walked in the doors. She not only loved it, but has already invited one of her friends to join them this week. It is so awesome to have people like Kyle on the good side. THANKS KYLE!


Now back to our regularly scheduled Vavrinaisms...


  • There are three kinds of people: Those who can count and those who can't.
  • I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
  • Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • Sometimes I wake up grumpy; other times I let her sleep.
  • What's the speed of dark?
  • The sooner you fall behind the more time you'll have to catch up.
  • As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.

And of course we finish with

  • Old lawyers never die they just lose their appeal.

Oh and a quick quote from "Three Amigos" for Natalie

"We pruned the hedges of many small villages"

6 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

Great opening story, Roger! Loved the 1st "vav" :)...and hey! I thought "grumpy" was a guy!!

Kyle P. said...

Truly honored to have a small role in the situation. Thanks, you're too kind Roger.

Natalie Witcher said...

LOVE IT! "You son of a motherless goat!"

Theresa said...

You crack me up!! I live for your Friday posts! Thanks for the laughs.

Have an awesome Easter!

Natalie Witcher said...

Hey this has nothing to do with your post, but I want to recommend some reading to you. "The Modern Creations Trilogy" by Henry Morris and John D. Morris. I've been reading the Sciene and Creation book of the three and I think you'd really enjoy it. Check out the website for the Institute for Creation Research.

Natalie Witcher said...

Modern Creation Trilogy, not creations...sorry