Thursday, March 13, 2008

FEEDING FRENZY


Two posts this week really got my mind racing. Read Natalie’s and Jimmy’s and see if they do the same for you. But at least be kind enough to do it after reading this, my last vacation post.

Roll mental camera…


So Connor and I went out snorkeling off the beach in Grand Cayman. If you haven’t been, I would recommend it to anyone. The reefs are just a short swim off the beach and there are no waves to push you around. The water was so clear I could still see the Rastafarians yelling ya man in Jamaica. Back to the point…

Connor and I were amazed by all of the fish. When I say fish I mean fish, storms of fish. As Jefe from the “Three Amigo’s”, would say “You have a plethora of fish, El Guapo.”

I had taken some of our lunch with us so we could get the fish in closer. As soon as I pulled out the hot dog bun I was sucked into the eye of a fish tornado. It was crazy. They had picked the water clean in seconds. At one point I actually had a huge fish eating a hot dog right out of my hand. Sorry to whoever ends up eating that one as he may be bad for your health.

Point is, I have been feeling like those fish when it comes to learning about my faith. Any morsel I can read or hear I just snatch up and “pick the water clean” so to speak. But Natalie and Jimmy have sparked a frenzy. So thanks to the two of you and all you other bloggers that challenge.


What are you frenzied about right now?

What are you feeding on?

Who can quote “Three Amigo’s” like I can?

3 comments:

Natalie Witcher said...

I could take you to SCHOOL on the Three Amigo's, bub!
"It's like living with a six year old."
"It's a sveater! A sveater!"
"We raped the horses and rode off on the women."
"That'll be the day."
"In-famous? In-famous?" "It's when your MORE than famous"


Glad I could rattle your thought cage. Go back and read Mel's post and my response to it.

Andrew Murray gets me in a frenzy.

Kim Heinecke said...

I have never seen the 3 Amigos. I really don't like movies like that. (I know, I'm boring.) What gets me rattled? Wasting time (which I tend to do more often than I'd like to admit) and the frequency of marriages falling apart. That's not right.

Natalie Witcher said...

Yeah, it's a rare thing when Kim and I like the same movie! hee hee