Wednesday, July 2, 2008

EASY STUFF

For those of you oldest enough to remember Johnny Carson's "Carnac the Magnificent" it would go something like this. "And the answer to this question is 5 and a half hours."The question was "How long can you stretch a 30 minute task?"

Roll mental camera...

My new TV came today. I had predicted that the switch out would take 30 minutes at the very most.

Nothing went as planned. The mounting bracket didn't fit the new TV. The wiring is all different and in different places. I had to use a saw?!?!

It was like starting from scratch, and that would have probably been easier. But there was no way I was going to sleep before I finished. I even had time to blog about it.

We went nearly 3 months without a working TV in the living room and I am glad to have it back so the boys and I can cuddle up and watch animal planet without having to go to a bedroom.

I hope I would be as steadfast with something spiritual if what started out as 30 minutes stretched to 5 hours. But believe it or not I didn't use any real of fake cuss words the entire time. In that I am happy.

Are you a stick with it until it is done kind of person?

6 comments:

deleise said...

oooooo...our projects always take WAY longer than I think. (Come on, honey, it'll take us an hour to build a deck. Two hours tops.)

Need to do that more with God.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I will stick w/it until its done; however I have been known to call in others for reinforcement rather quickly.

Anonymous said...

When we bought our most recent TV, I went ahead and paid the extra $$ for those set-up and fixer-up guys hook me up. I learned my lesson after buying a desk from Office Depot and passing on the "for $75 extra dollars we'll put it together for you!" plan. After being told it would only take an hour, it took an entire day. It's not that I have more money than time. But, I'm a chick. It's just not my thing.

Heidi said...

TaDa!!

Hey we were doers yesterday huh?

I am sure you love your t.v. as much as I love my toilet seat!! :)

Unknown said...

Always finish what I started, the hardest thing for me is when time runs out and I'm not done, we have a prior obligation, the sun goes down, etc....that REALLY eats at me. I guess I kind of try and do what Jentzen said last weekend. "When your hand does something, do it with all of your might"...or along those lines:)

Theresa said...

Craig and I are finishers and he has even learned to let me read the instructions because they might actually tell us how to do it. Amazing I know but it is why they put them in the box. For the men out there without women...you need a woman to understand the directions. That is why men just toss them to the side and say that they can do it without them. ;)

Sidenote: Roger that is my camping gear!!! Nice huh? You should see our portapotty...LOL