Thursday, July 17, 2008

EINSTEIN MEETS HOMER

Einstein meets Homer is the only thing I can say to introduce this post.

Roll mental camera…

We adopted our most recent dog Casey a few years ago. She is bi-polar in brains. This dog is smart enough to open the back door unless we dead bolt it. She is also dumb enough not to remember that if she runs through the back door at full speed onto slippery tile she is going to be able to stop or turn before slamming into the island in the kitchen.

This dog has run through that back door and slammed into our kitchen island no less than 100 times. I figured at some point with her massive door opening intelligence that she would get it. Then I remembered something…

I am a college graduate, successful business man, can solve a Rubik’s cube in under 2 minutes and do sudokus with a pen. BUT, I can never remember when to use the word “effect” or “affect”. I sure I have used the word effect or affect thousands of times but it still hasn’t sunk in.

Maybe Casey can affect my grammar, but I doubt it will have any effect. Yes I had to look it up to know that I used them correctly in that sentence.

Do you have some Einstein meets Homer moments?

Give me some examples of your genius and your “DOH”

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I always get confused by this one--

Is it "by" accident or "on" accident?

Of course I am not a college grad or successful business man. So there really isn't as much stress to figure it out. LOL