Wednesday, July 16, 2008

MacGyver

To be able to make a thermo nuclear bomb with a used Kleenex, some chewing gum, a bit of fishing line and duct tape would be awesome. I loved MacGyver.

Roll mental camera…

I loved MacGyver when I was a kid, but in reality I was the anti-MacGyver. I was always taking things apart instead of putting them together. If I couldn’t see how it worked by looking at it, whatever it was, was in trouble. I could sometimes hold out for a few days while my brain tried to rationalize how it worked, but at some point it was coming apart.

I always tried to take it apart neatly so I could put it back together. More than not by the end, a hammer was being used and there was no hope of putting humpty back together again. Well that is unless MacGyver was there.

I think I have finally out grown that when it comes to my faith. I don’t have to see it to believe it. I don’t have to try and dissect it just for it to make sense.

Are you still trying to see it with your own eyes instead of just believing?

Is it time to stop being rational?

Can you handle not knowing how gismos and gadgets work? I still can’t

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just when I think I'm getting used to faith...and trusting Him, I get frustrated and try to figure things out for myself. I still can't either.

By the way, I needed this today.

Heidi said...

You are so dead on with this post.
I can't figure it all it.

I've desperately tried

Unknown said...

I have learned to trust my faith blindly..as blindly as you can call it after seeing all the miracles I have first hand!!! As far as gadgets and gizmos...I still have to take those things apart and look at them, put them together...directions??? HAHA!!!

Theresa said...

I can believe in my faith without seeing anything tangible. Anything that I can take apart and examine. But my faith is shown to me everyday all around me in other ways. If I keep my eyes and heart open God shows me my faith.