Thursday, July 24, 2008

AWE

Do you remember that first time in your life that your heart skipped a beat and you couldn't breathe.

Roll mental camera...

I posted before on my first Roller coaster ride The Big Dipper. Climbing into the seat I though was an accomplishment all on its own. I was scared to death.

But when it started moving up the first hill and I heard the all familiar clack, clack, clack, a new emotion started to develop. We got to the top and and right as it started to whirl down the other side it hits.

AWE

I don't remember feeling it before that moment. Once you feel it it is hard not to want it again. I have had it many times since, accepting Christ, getting married and the birth of my sons just to name a few. Awe is one emotion I never really get tired of.

When was your last AWE moment?

Are you in need of another?

6 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

Awe---one of my favorite times is on the motorcycle seeing the sky or seeing my grands walk out of the woods out here.

But awe is NOT what I experience on a roller coaster. :)

Anonymous said...

Clack, clack, clack. Now I can spell the sound! Last awe moment was watching my 5 year old jump off the high dive. Great feat for very cautious little boy.

Unknown said...

Almost 3 months ago when Colt was born...or maybe it was this morning when he could do nothing but smile at me:)

Anonymous said...

No thanks. I've had all the heart stopping moments I need for awhile.

Heidi said...

No coasters for me...

Last awe moment...

Probably yesterday while walking on the beach with God.

Kim Heinecke said...

Roller coasters evoke the desire to use language that is not appropriate in any setting since this is a family show here...

AWE - when Kid Three said Mama. He's sugar.