Thursday, July 10, 2008

MUST HAVE BEEN HOT

I was messing around on Biblegateway.com doing some research for a post I was wanting to write and had never really noticed how violent the old testament is. I searched the word "struck" and it came back with 142 hits, almost all of which were in the old testament. Either God was doing the striking or He was commanding the strike, and the people were walking away with a black eye because the were no longer walking.

I think the theme song for the old testament should be "Another one bites the dust" by Queen.

Man I am glad I live in the A.D.

The world prior to Jesus must have been hot, if you know what I mean.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. Living under the law must have been painful. Some people still live under it - they do not quite comprehend the grace of God.

Kim Heinecke said...

My boys LOVE OT stories.
What boy doesn't?

Natalie Witcher said...

There was much smiting that went on. That's for sure.

Anonymous said...

Any wonder they were waiting for the Messiah??!!