Wednesday, July 30, 2008

LIKE A WEED

Both of my boys have been growing like weeds. They are definitely in a growth spurt.

Roll mental camera...

Between April of my 7th grade year and September of my 8th grade year I had a massive growth spurt. I grew from 5'8" to 6'4" in 6 months. Yes it hurt like crazy and I have the stretch marks to prove it. I was like a shrinky dink in reverse.

I went from being an already pretty tall kid that was way pudgy to a fairly thin bean pole nearly overnight. I have since reclaimed my pudginess, for posterity sake of course.

Growing pains hurt for the body as well as the soul. I have been dealing with the growing pains of trying to be a better person. Trying to shed old habits and take on better ones is not easy for me. External change for me has never been a problem but internal is a whole other story.

Is your soul ready for some growing pains?

How do you deal with them?

Remember shrinky dinks? I guess you would put them in the freezer if you wanted them to grow

4 comments:

Heidi said...

My son is doing that growing taller stuff. I'm just growing wider. LOL

Do I get spiritual growing pains.
Yeah!!!
But then I remember Who my God is!!
and it's all worth it

Unknown said...

I think I am always READY for some spiritual growing pains, because there is always room for improvement in me; however, I may not always be as receptive to the voice as I need to be...something I am working on right now, starting to feel kinda short right now and need to do some growing!!!

Theresa said...

Yes I am ready for some spiritual growing pains. I might not agree after is starts but for now I will say yes.

I totally loved Shrinky Dinks. They were so cool!!

Natalie Witcher said...

Wow, that is fast growing! I too have put my pudge back on...hee hee

Spiritual growth, yep it can hurt.