Tuesday, July 29, 2008

WILD TANGENT

Ever had one of those days where no matter what you do you can't seem to get to finish the task at hand?

Roll mental camera...

I am a junkie for OPEN. I download stuff for freedom farm and a bunch of other things I am involved in. But today I have been trying to download the WHY series for a friend of mine.

The computer on the other hand decides that it is just too full to take any more.

LOW DISK SPACE

So I stared searching and saw that my documents and settings folder was almost 60 gigs. That is absolutely huge and so I knew something was wrong. Problem is I know enough about computers just to be dangerous. So I called my brother-in-law who is the wizard of all things computery.

I thought I would go off on this wild tangent to possibly be of help to any others who may be dealing with a bulging hard drive. Try these three small applications.

They cleared out 37 gigs of crud out of my hard drive.

CCLEANER
ADVANCED DISK CLEANER
FOLDER SIZE

1 comment:

Robin Meadows said...

OK - and you PROMISE they are safe? I know just enough about computers to be REALLY dangerous---interpret: NADA!

Oh, and how often should they be run to keep things clean?